Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hearing to Eyesight

Much of my peace of mind comes from listening to music. Using Pandora allows me to look up any of my favorite songs and create a station out of them. Pandora radio exposes me to new songs that I thoroughly enjoy, and are now my favorites. I particularly enjoy the 50s, 60s, and 70s radios. I correlate many events in my life with certain songs, that, without Pandora, I would have never heard. The website www.otr.com provides access to radio channels that were the only form of entertainment before the television was invented. I listened to a comedy, Fibber McGee and Molly that was five minutes and eleven seconds. This comedy was light hearted and enjoyable to hear. The music involved with the show reminds me of the original Little Rascals soundtrack that I adore greatly. I also really enjoyed imagining the characters through descriptive words. I was able to picture where the characters were, what they looked like, and how they interacted through my own perspective and imagination. What I love most about "I Love Lucy" is the show's ability to make me smile the entire time. I have been watching the show since I was kid, along with "I Dream of Jeannie" and "Matlock". After watching these original television broadcasts, you can see the correlation with newer television series. These new series were based off of the original ideas for comedy, mystery, and drama. Lucille Ball's facial expressions and her actions make the show fantastic. I remember the episode where they were squishing grapes with their feet to make wine and her face as she entered the huge wooden tub was priceless. I enjoy looking back and appreciating the different forms of media that have been innovated and expanded, especially the black and white shows that have been edited and brought back to life in color (although, the original black and white is always truly the best).

No comments:

Post a Comment